Wednesday 4 February 2015

Études : Ch. III, Partie I : Andréa La Rosa



Last year, I introduced my personal project to you. "Études", as the title suggests, is a study - a study of people. Working with many models, you sometimes have the impression that the results seem too artificial. There is too much processing, too much make up, too much extravagance in the poses. So I wanted something more stripped down to give the subject a chance to connect with the viewer on a deeper level and to reveal something more intimate. Spontaneity, improvisation and a good dose of good humour is what "Études" can be sum up to. And there is another word I consider to be very important and that must be added to describe those sessions: sincerity.

Today, I give you Andréa La Rosa. To be honest, I do not know much about her. I met her for the first time on the shooting day. I actually went to photograph her good friend Fiona whom I had spotted about a year ago. At the suggestion of Fiona, I shot a few pictures of Andréa and the result proved something I had not expected. It was very interesting to see how change occurs in front of the lens. So I shot her for the project alongside Fiona. She has such an interesting face and her charisma is definitely one of the most attractive things about her. 

Have a look at the study with Andréa:



























No comments :

Post a Comment